MRT could be very famous in Hong Kong, but today topic is not about the transit but a freeware with Traceroute and ping feature named MRT.
Assume that you understand what is traceroute and trying to get the freeware from the market. As MRT could be install to the most of the Linux machine and it is free, it is one of my favorite traceroute application from my work.
Below would be the basic MRT usage,
– The hostname or IP address of the network hop.
– The percentage of packets that are being lost during the trace.
– The number of packets received from the hop.
– The number of packets sent to the hop.
– The response time of the last packet sent to the hop.
– The best response time during the entire span of the test.
– The average response time during the entire span of the test.
– The worst response time during the entire span of the test.
For Windows user, you may use WinMTR as below,
For Mac user, you may get it from GitHub,