This article used to guide you on how to generate CSR(Certificate Signing Request) key from IIS7.
1. Select Start -> Administrative Tools -> Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager or run from Windows Run with command “inetmgr”.
2. In the IIS Manager, choose your server name.
3. In your Middle panel, select Server Certificate.
4. Select on the “Create Certificate Request option” in the right panel.
5. In the Wizard, enter your information like image above.
6. Next, remain the service provider and change the bit length to at least 2048. You are advise to select 2048 and above for better security.
7. Save your certificate.
First of all, you gotta understand the need of Windows Server 2008. To upgrade from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008, you must read the following article.
If you meet the requirement to upgrade to Windows Server 2008, you may proceed to upgrade it as step below.
1. Insert Windows Server 2008 CD.
2. Select Setup.exe to run it.
3. The wizard will should go through the upgrade. (If you have error, properly you may need to run in compatible mode)
If you have the compatible issue, you may go through the step as below.
1. Select Start button, point to Accessories, and then click Program Compatibility Wizard.
2. In the wizard, click Next.
Continue reading Upgrade from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008
If you come with Windows Vista or Windows 7 and which to resize your current used disk, you may use the default disk management to resize your disk to several partitions as Windows Vista/Windows 7 do built in this functionality.
To get to this utility, run ‘diskmgmt.msc’ from your Windows Run.
In the Disk Management screen, right click the drive that you wish to resize the space.
Continue reading Resize new Partition with Windows Vista/Windows 7