If you are using Windows Server 2008 R2 and IIS 7.x plus FTP 7.x. You might facing a problem like can not add virtual directory for website or FTP in your WebSitePanel.
To overcome this problem,
1. Download Patches file from below,
MS IIS 7.x and FTP 7.x issues on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, here.
WebsitePanel Server 1.1.0 (Win2K8 R2 SP1 Fix).zip, here.
2. Backup the WebSitePanel Server’s bin folder.
3. Extract file from Step 1.
4. Replace the bin folder from step 3.
SSI, Server Side Include is a simple interpreted server-side script that used shtml to include some of the option from external file.
With SSI enabled, user may use include feature to include file or virtual directory.
To enable SSI, you may use .htaccess file command as below.
AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes
With the command as above it is to tell the server that the .shtml extension (Parsed HTML).
Either way, you may use .html to act as the server-parsed file.
AddHandler server-parsed .html
By using Microsoft Frontpage Extension, you might easily get this error if you not manage well for your folder permission.
Cannot run the FrontPage Server Extensions on this page: “http://www.domain.com/form.html”
Cannot run the FrontPage Server Extensions on this page:”http://www.domain.com/form/html”
1. Go to the web server for this domain name.
2. Open IIS 6.0 from Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Internet Information Services(IIS) Manager or run a short cut named “inetmgr”.
3. Go to the virtual directory’s properties.
4. Look for “Server Extensions 2002” tab and select on the “Setting” button.
5. An Internet Browser will prompt out and asking for your username and password, try to login with your user account.
6. Insert all the related information such as your host name, webmaster email, etc and submit it.
7. Go back to IIS Manager and right click on the virtual directory, go to All Task and select on Check Server Extension 2002.
8. Click all the checkbox in repair field and submit it.
9. Go back to IIS Manager and right click on the virtual directory, go to All Task and select on Recalculate Server Extension 2002.
10. Well done, you did it. Try to check your form as it is working now.