Did you ever think to get a free Tech Support from Microsoft team? Yes, you could get this services free by now from just answer.
Just ask your question and click on “Get an Answer” and the Tech Support Specialist will reply your request immediately.
Some sample answer is showing as image above.
When you have IIS 6 with Frontpage extension 2002 and you have installed the FrontPage Extension 2002 to your IIS 6.0 and wish to check the FrontPage Extension Health and recalculate it but you failed to login (Keep on prompt the login page) to the Administrator page after hit on the Administrator page from the FrontPage manage page.
Firstly, please verify if you have used the correct login detail by typing the login password to a notepad at first. If you still failed to login and hit the cancel button where the page redirect you to a unauthenticated page, you may try with the solution as below where to disable the loopback checking.
Continue reading Not able to login to FrontPage Extension Admin Page
Do you ever try to reboot or shut down a server/PC within a network?
The mystery from Microsoft have done if you are running with administrator role, just try to the command as below if you could like to reboot/shutdown.
1. Open command prompt by Press Windows+R and type in cmd.
2. Type in “shutdown /m \\computername /r” if you could like to reboot.
The General format was as below:
shutdown \\computername /l /a /r /t:xx “msg” /y /c
- \\computername: Use this switch to specify the remote computer to shut down. If you omit this parameter, the local computer name is used.
- /l (Note that this is a lowercase “L” character): Use this switch to shut down the local computer
- /a: Use this switch to quit a shutdown operation. You can do this only during the time-out period. If you use this switch, all other parameters are ignored.
- /r: Use this switch to restart the computer instead of fully shutting it down.
- /t:xx: Use this switch to specify the time (in seconds) after which the computer is shut down. The default is 20 seconds.
- “msg“: Use this switch to specify a message during the shutdown process. The maximum number of characters that the message can contain is 127.
- /y: Use this switch to force a “yes” answer to all queries from the computer.
- /c: Use this switch quit all running programs. If you use this switch, Windows forces all programs that are running to quit. The option to save any data that may have changed is ignored. This can result in data loss in any programs for which data is not previously saved.
Within the above description you may force all of the query and etc from the command to reboot/shutdown a server/PC.
Article from: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317371