To change your Windows RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) port number to other,
1. Open Registry Editor,
2. Navigate to,
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> System -> CurrentControlSet -> Control ->Terminal Server -> WinStations -> RDP-Tcp
3. Look at “Port number” and select Decimal.
4. Change to any number that you need and perform a reboot if it is not apply immediately.
By default, Windows Terminal Server and Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) listen on TCP port 3389.
To change the port to your custom port, you may refer to below:-
1. Open the registry editor.
2. Navigate to,
3. Find the “PortNumber” and change to your needed port.
To be secure, reboot your server to apply new port.
For certain purpose, you might want to check the version of SQL Server Native Client from your server. But how could you find the version of SQL Server Native Client installed from your server?
To find it out, you may use the registry editor to find it out.
For SQL Server 2008/SQL Server 2008 R2,
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\SQLNCLI10\CurrentVersion
For SQL Server 2005,
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Native Client\CurrentVersion
To enable multiple session from the Remote Desktop Connection, you may refer to the step as below.
1. Open Registry Editor, run regedit.
2. Look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TerminalServer.
3. Check the value of fSingleSessionPerUser if it exists.
4. To enable multiple session set the value to 0, 0x00000000(0), to disable it, set the value to 1, 0x00000001(1).
Some user ever asked how to disable the zoom level from Internet Explorer where it is something not really needed to show from their browser.
To disable IE Zoom level as image below, you may actually using the registry editor to disable it.
1. With Windows button and press run.
2. Enter regedit and press enter.
3. Go to the tree of “HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Zoom” (If Zoom key is not existed, create one manually)
4. Right click and create a new DWORD (32 bit), named it “ZoomDisabled”.
5. Set the value to 1.
6. Exit Registry Editor.
When you have IIS 6 with Frontpage extension 2002 and you have installed the FrontPage Extension 2002 to your IIS 6.0 and wish to check the FrontPage Extension Health and recalculate it but you failed to login (Keep on prompt the login page) to the Administrator page after hit on the Administrator page from the FrontPage manage page.
Firstly, please verify if you have used the correct login detail by typing the login password to a notepad at first. If you still failed to login and hit the cancel button where the page redirect you to a unauthenticated page, you may try with the solution as below where to disable the loopback checking.
Continue reading Not able to login to FrontPage Extension Admin Page