Today, I was trying to add APC to the cPanel server which it is part of PHP PECL. I am getting the error as below.
The APC.so object is not in
I have look around and found out that the server do not come with pcre installed. Below is the fixed from my step.
1. Run Shell Access,
yum install pcre
2.Go back to WHM PECL and install the APC.
Today, I was asked by HaoSiaoKing aka Kwan for this case and I am now sharing the solution.
Scenario: When create a subdomain from HELM3 but all of the script mapping is not created automatically. I tried to use a alternative way to make it working as solution below.
1. The workaround I am using is to replace all of the script mapping back to the subdomain where is it not created by the subdomain.
2. Open IIS6, you shall see the hostname and right click then select the properties.
3. Check the checkbox of “Enable Direct Metabase Edit” and press OK.
4. Go to the directory of “C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv”.
5. Backup the file named MetaBase.xml.
6. Open the file with notepad.
7. Find the domain name from the MetaBase.xml file.
8. Copy the line as below.
9. Find the subdomain.
10. Paste the copied line and replace the ScriptMaps.
11. Restart IIS.
If you are webmaster who using the web interface database management, you shall be familiar with phpMyAdmin.
Then you might get these error from your phpMyAdmin when you logged into the phpMyAdmin.
#2002 – The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server’s socket is not correctly configured)
To overcome this error, you could have 2 ways to solve the problem.
Check if your mysql.sock file missing from /tmp.
If it is really missing from /tmp, you may create a symbolic link from /var/lib/mysql/ to /tmp.
ln -s /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock /tmp/mysql.sock
You might ask why must do this, you may check the file from /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php and you need to check for the setting of cfg[‘Server’][‘socket’], and you will see the setting set to /tmp/mysql.sock.
Edit the following file.
Find $cfg[‘Servers’][$i][‘host’], change the value from localhost to 127.0.0.1.