Sometimes, when you reset the IIS (Internet Information Services), you might not able to fully start the services but getting the error that the service could not start in the time fashion.
Firstly you may try to restart the IIS from the command prompt as below,
If the above command not working, try this
net start w3csvc
net start msftpsvc
net start smtpsvc
To install IIS 7.5 from Windows Operating System, you will need to install IIS(Internet Information Services) Manager 7.0 and above at first.
Next, you will need to install new IIS FTP 7.5 from iis.net site.
– FTP 7.5 for IIS 7.0 (x64)
– FTP 7.5 for IIS 7.0 (x86)
If you have installed FTP 7.0 earlier, you may need to uninstall it at first, then you may proceed to install FTP 7.5 with the installer as URL above.
To configure FTP 7.5,
1. Create folder “%SystemDrive%\inetpub\ftproot”, run “mkdir %SystemDrive%\inetpub\ftproot”.
2. Grant permission to the FTP folder. Open command prompt and run command below.
ICACLS “%SystemDrive%\inetpub\ftproot” /Grant administrators:F /T
3. Go to IIS, Create FTP site.
4. Enter name “Default FTP Site” and Physical path “%SystemDrive%\inetpub\ftproot”.
5. Enter the server IP and select No SSL.
6. Select Basic check-box and hit Finish.