This article used to guide you on how to generate CSR(Certificate Signing Request) key from IIS7.
1. Select Start -> Administrative Tools -> Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager or run from Windows Run with command “inetmgr”.
2. In the IIS Manager, choose your server name.
3. In your Middle panel, select Server Certificate.
4. Select on the “Create Certificate Request option” in the right panel.
5. In the Wizard, enter your information like image above.
6. Next, remain the service provider and change the bit length to at least 2048. You are advise to select 2048 and above for better security.
7. Save your certificate.
Today, I’m about to guide you how to install the SSL key and it will a bit tricky compare to generate the SSL CSR key.
To install the SSL key through Shell, refer to the step as below.
1. Go to path /usr/share/ssl/certs.
$ [email protected][/]# cd /usr/share/ssl/certs
2. Check if the domain.com.csr and domain.com.cabundle existed, else create them and enter the code.
3. Go to path /usr/share/ssl/private.
$ [email protected][/]# cd /usr/share/ssl/private Continue reading Install SSL through Shell
SSL certificate is one of the digital encryption with full name of Secure Sockets Layer.
Many webmaster use SSL to encrypt their important information such as payment information, etc.
Before you proceed to create the CSR key for SSL, you need the information as below.
- Domain name of Certificate
- Country Code
- Company Name
- Company Division
- Email Address of the Certificate
- Password for the certificate
Run the following command from Shell. Continue reading Create SSL certificate in Shell