If you are familiar with WHM/cPanel, you sure have this problem while trying to migrate a website more than 2GB and found out the file/folder or any data not updated.
Today, Mick Genie will suggest a better way(my suggestion) to perform the migration.
But before that, please understand the command as below.
/scripts/pkgacct username rsync
With Mick Genie’s suggestion, your site migration will down for minutes(depend on the size).
1. Go to the user root directory.
2. Move the public_html folder out to /home folder.
mv public_html /home
3. Using pkgacct to compress the file with cPanel format where the username is your cPanel username.
4. Once done, SCP it to the new server and move the public_html back to the user folder.
scp /home/cpmove-username.tar.gz [email protected]:/home;mv /home/public_html /home/username
5. From new server, restore it.
6. Once done, rsync (xcopy in Windows) from old server to new server, where username is the cPanel username, and IP is the destination IP.
rsync -e "ssh" -avz /home/username/public_html/ [email protected]:/home/username/public_html
7. Once done, you may proceed to update the DNS.