Oops.. It is been a while MGe disappeared and here I come back again after long holiday for blogging. 🙂
This article used to guide you to create the CSR(Certificate Signing Request) from your Apache machine.
Web Server: Linux
Web Service: Apache
1. First of all, you will need to create a key pair.
openssl genrsa -out www.yourdomain-example.com.key 2048
– Replace the mickgenie.com with your domain name.
– The number of 2048 used to determined the bit-length of your certificate, where you are advise to have 2048 and above.
2. You will be asking for the pass phrase and you may enter any strong password.
3. Next, you will need to generate the CSR.
openssl req -new -key www.mickgenie.com.key -out www.mickgenie.com.csr
Next, you will be asking for Country Name, State or Province, Locality or City, Company, Organizational Unit, Common Name and Email Address.
4. Get your CSR and purchase the SSL from SSL provider.