Mick Genie ever posted iptables Handy Guide earlier. However there do not have clear guide on which function and it’s description.
Most of the Linux Operating System do come with iptables and it is used to control the packet traffic of a PC.
Iptables used to manage through chains and there are three type of chains
– INPUT : Control Incoming packet
– OUTPUT : Control Outgoing packet
– FORWARD : Control packet that are forward
In order to control the chain, you need some action,
– ACCEPT : To allow a packet
– DROP : To disallow the packet
– REJECT : The target packet will be stopped.
– RETURN : Go to another chain of table.