Sometimes, you might want to enable allow_url_fopen from your account for some purpose.
To enable the allow_url_fopen, you may need to understand if you are using a suPHP server.
With non phpsuexec or suphp server,
1. Go to /usr/local/apache/conf/ path,
2. Open the file named /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf and find if you got the line with “Include “/usr/local/apache/conf/…”
3. Remove the # symbol if it is there.
4. Create the file in userdata according to step 2 where the username should replace with your cPanel username.
5. Add the following command and save it.
php_admin_value allow_url_fopen On
php_admin_value allow_url_include On
6. Run the following command,
service httpd restart
With suPHP server,
1. Copy the default php.ini to your user folder where username is your cPanel username.
cp /usr/local/lib/php.ini /home/<username>/public_html/
2. Change the value as,
allow_url_fopen = On