Days ago, install Windows from USB drive is complicated work as you need third party application to allow you to do that, but you may now easily apply it with Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.
Make sure you have fulfilled the system requirement as detail below,
– Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
– Pentium 233-megahertz (MHz) processor or faster (300 MHz is recommended)
– 50MB of free space on your hard drive
– DVD-R drive or 4GB removable USB flash drive
For Windows XP User, you need these,
– Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 must be installed. It can be downloaded here.
– Microsoft Image Mastering API v2 must be installed. It can be downloaded here.
Follow the step as below,
1. Download Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.
2. Install it.
3. Open it and insert the ISO file.
4. Click use USB device.
5. Click Begin and wait it copy to USB device.
Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Pentium 233-megahertz (MHz) processor or faster (300 MHz is recommended)
50MB of free space on your hard drive
DVD-R drive or 4GB removable USB flash drive
The RTR Frontpage Server Extension for IIS 7.5 is available to download from Run-to-Run Software. This Frontpage server extension do support for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Vista which using IIS 7.5.
To get it install, you may get it from IIS Community page,
RTR FrontPage Extension for IIS 7.5 – download
If you are the webmaster of a website and you often modify your script and update directly from the server, you will need to always check if you are resolved to the correct testing box(servers).
By modify the Windows Host file, you will be able to correctly view the actual result instead of the cache from your PC to the old host (if you have more than 2 hosting servers).
To change your Windows Host File, you may simply use the notepad available from the Windows Operating System, run it as administrator mode if you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Then open the file located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts. Modify according to your need like example below.
Unlocker, a unlocking utility that well perform for Windows Operating System which work to Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
Sometimes, when you want to delete a file and you prompt an error that the file is not able to remove and the file is being used by another system. The cached session could be clear by the Unlocker.
With Unlocker, you may fix the following criteria.
* Cannot delete file: Access is denied
* There has been a sharing violation.
* The source or destination file may be in use.
* The file is in use by another program or user.
* Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
If you have Unlocker ran, the utility will simply pop up and you may just unlock all to release the session.
You may download with the following Link.
If you need more application like Unlocker, you may visit the following site which come with more than 300K software and games, including professional reviews and user ratings
By default, Windows Operating System will show 2 icons from Desktop only and both of them are My Computer(Computer in Windows Vista and above) and Recycle Bin, somehow you might discover the Recycle Bin disappear after using for some times.
To restore and remove the recycle bin button, it just a reverse way as step below.
First of all, you will need to check if your desktop icons hidden from your setting.
1. Right click anywhere from your Desktop and select on the View text.
2. Make sure you select “Show Desktop Icons“.
Second, you will need to check your Desktop Icon Setting.
1. Right click from anywhere of your Desktop.
2. Select on the Personalize.
3. Select on Change Desktop Icons from the left panel.
4. You shall be able to see image as above and select on the Recycle Bin radio button to enable it and remove it to disable it.
If you come with Windows Vista or Windows 7 and which to resize your current used disk, you may use the default disk management to resize your disk to several partitions as Windows Vista/Windows 7 do built in this functionality.
To get to this utility, run ‘diskmgmt.msc’ from your Windows Run.
In the Disk Management screen, right click the drive that you wish to resize the space.
Continue reading Resize new Partition with Windows Vista/Windows 7
I just faced this problem a moment ago, I have removed my Linux Operating System(Ubuntu) from my partition where I applied dual boot Operating System previously.
Somehow, I were removed the partition through disk management from Windows Vista and the error as below found once rebooted the box.
If you get the same error and could like to removed Grub. Use the step as below.
Continue reading Remove Grub from your Box
By default, Vista doesn’t install the Telnet client. The client is for text-based communication with remote systems. You can install it by following these steps:
1. Click Start then select Control Panel.
2. Select Programs and Features.
3. Select Turn Windows features on or off.
4. Select the Telnet Client option.
5. Click OK.
6. A dialog box will appear to confirm installation. The telnet command should now be available.
If you feel that this step taking time, you may refer to the command as below and run it from cmd(command prompt).
start /w pkgmgr /iu:”TelnetClient”