iPadian, a simulator for Windows is designed to allow Windows user test out iPad environment from Microsoft Windows.
iPadian is designed without needed to install as it is a portable program that allow you to launch it with just double click on the exe file and it is free. Continue reading iPadian – iPad Simulator for Windows
MRT could be very famous in Hong Kong, but today topic is not about the transit but a freeware with Traceroute and ping feature named MRT.
Assume that you understand what is traceroute and trying to get the freeware from the market. As MRT could be install to the most of the Linux machine and it is free, it is one of my favorite traceroute application from my work.
Below would be the basic MRT usage,
– The hostname or IP address of the network hop.
– The percentage of packets that are being lost during the trace.
– The number of packets received from the hop.
– The number of packets sent to the hop.
– The response time of the last packet sent to the hop.
– The best response time during the entire span of the test.
– The average response time during the entire span of the test.
– The worst response time during the entire span of the test.
For Windows user, you may use WinMTR as below,
For Mac user, you may get it from GitHub,
Portable Apps is being used by Windows Operating System widely from the Windows user, but they are less portables Apps for Linux World.
By now, a new website named portablelinuxapps.org features a number of Linux Portable Apps for Linux Distro for free. With these application, you can run it directly through your thumb drive or even your home drive without installing them.
By this post date(26 July 2010), all of the Linux Portable apps available as below, and it going to update time-by-time.
Continue reading Linux Portable Apps
If you are Windows User and ever switch to Ubuntu platform, you might found the font from Ubuntu might make you faint when you read it either from the web browser or Open Office.
You might want to install Microsoft True Type fonts.
With Microsoft True Type fonts package, it is include with the fonts as below.
- Andale Mono
- Arial Black
- Arial (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
- Comic Sans MS (Bold)
- Courier New (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
- Georgia (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
- Times New Roman (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
- Trebuchet (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
- Verdana (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
To install Microsoft True Type font from Ubuntu, run the following command.
$sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts
$sudo fc-cache -fv