If you have a Windows box that found it’s NTFS file system corrupted but you do not want to get the issue fixed by rescue disk, you may refer to this article.
To get it done, you may install Ubuntu to your USB drive.
1. Open Terminal Windows.
2. Run the following command,
sudo apt-get install ntfs-3g
sudo apt-get install ntfsprogs
3. With these tools, you could access to the Windows partition and fix them.
4. Now, run these command,
sudo fdisk -l
5. Find the device that come with NTFS and run the following command,
sudo ntfsfix /dev/<device name>
device name eg. /dev/sda2
Assumed that you will going to install OpenSSL and you wish to apply to your MySQL if you are using Windows Operating System.
1. Download OpenSSL from URL here.
2. Once installation done, add your bin folder of the OpenSSL to your Environment Variable.
3. Open command prompt.
4. Follow the command as below.
If you see the result return is “OpenSSL>”, that mean you have successfully installed.
5. Open the MySQL command and refer to the following line.
shell> md c:\newcerts
shell> cd c:\newcerts
6. Test your certificate.
shell> mysqld –defaults-file=$DIR/my.cnf &
If you are the webmaster of a website and you often modify your script and update directly from the server, you will need to always check if you are resolved to the correct testing box(servers).
By modify the Windows Host file, you will be able to correctly view the actual result instead of the cache from your PC to the old host (if you have more than 2 hosting servers).
To change your Windows Host File, you may simply use the notepad available from the Windows Operating System, run it as administrator mode if you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Then open the file located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts. Modify according to your need like example below.
Unlocker, a unlocking utility that well perform for Windows Operating System which work to Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
Sometimes, when you want to delete a file and you prompt an error that the file is not able to remove and the file is being used by another system. The cached session could be clear by the Unlocker.
With Unlocker, you may fix the following criteria.
* Cannot delete file: Access is denied
* There has been a sharing violation.
* The source or destination file may be in use.
* The file is in use by another program or user.
* Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
If you have Unlocker ran, the utility will simply pop up and you may just unlock all to release the session.
You may download with the following Link.
If you need more application like Unlocker, you may visit the following site which come with more than 300K software and games, including professional reviews and user ratings