If you have a Windows box that found it’s NTFS file system corrupted but you do not want to get the issue fixed by rescue disk, you may refer to this article.
To get it done, you may install Ubuntu to your USB drive.
1. Open Terminal Windows.
2. Run the following command,
sudo apt-get install ntfs-3g
sudo apt-get install ntfsprogs
3. With these tools, you could access to the Windows partition and fix them.
4. Now, run these command,
sudo fdisk -l
5. Find the device that come with NTFS and run the following command,
sudo ntfsfix /dev/<device name>
device name eg. /dev/sda2
I still could recall Mick Genie ever guide you how to install Firefox 3.6.6 with Ubuntu earlier with post here.
Today, I am going to guide you on how to install the Firefox 4.0 Beta version.
1. Open terminal.
2. Run the command as below.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-daily/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install firefox-4.0
3. No step 3.
In Ubuntu 10.04, it is uses Mozilla Firefox 3.5 by default, and you might need to wait(sometimes it is long times) for the Ubuntu team to approved the Firefox 3.6.6 to updates automatically.
To let yourself to get the latest Firefox installed manually, just follow the step as below.
1. Open the Terminal.
2. Type “sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-security/ppa”
3. Enter the prompt administrator password and make sure your Firefox is closed.
4. Then Type “sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade” from the Terminal again.
It will update your Update list from Ubuntu and allow you to install Ubuntu 3.6.6. automatically.
If you are Windows User and ever switch to Ubuntu platform, you might found the font from Ubuntu might make you faint when you read it either from the web browser or Open Office.
You might want to install Microsoft True Type fonts.
With Microsoft True Type fonts package, it is include with the fonts as below.
- Andale Mono
- Arial Black
- Arial (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
- Comic Sans MS (Bold)
- Courier New (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
- Georgia (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
- Times New Roman (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
- Trebuchet (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
- Verdana (Bold, Italic, Bold Italic)
To install Microsoft True Type font from Ubuntu, run the following command.
$sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts
$sudo fc-cache -fv
I just faced this problem a moment ago, I have removed my Linux Operating System(Ubuntu) from my partition where I applied dual boot Operating System previously.
Somehow, I were removed the partition through disk management from Windows Vista and the error as below found once rebooted the box.
If you get the same error and could like to removed Grub. Use the step as below.
Continue reading Remove Grub from your Box