It is very often a developer or programmer want to know the system/server variable of a server that without their right to access to the server back-end.
With ASP.Net, you could get the server variable through scripting.
When you need these information from your IIS based server, create a aspx file named variable and place the script as below based on C# or VB.
<% @ Page Language="VB" %>
For Each var as String in Request.ServerVariables
Response.Write(var & " " & Request(var) & "<br>")
<% @ Page Language="C#" %>
foreach (string var in Request.ServerVariables)
Response.Write(var + " " + Request[var] + "<br>");
Well Done, hope this is useful for the programmer.
By right, you are not able to change the email username from the administrator tool of the Smartermail.
However nothing is impossible from the computer as you may actually change the username through the configuration file.
To change a user’s username from SmarterMail, you may actually change the folder name of the user and configuration file of the SmarterMail to make the username change. To get this done, you MUST be the server administrator that could access to the server back-end.
1. Stop the SmarterMail services.
2. Go to the SmarterMail email folder and usually the default setting will be C:\SmarterMail\Domains\ where domain.com is your domain name.
3. Backup the file accountList.xml.
4. Edit the file accountList.xml, change the username to the new username that you want and save it.
5. Go the email user folder and usually the default folder is C:\SmarterMail\Domains\<domain.com>\<users> where the domain.com is your domain name and users is your username.
6. Change the username folder to your new username.
7. Go into the user folder, backup the file userConfig.xml.
8. Edit the file userConfig.xml and look for the userName tag. (<userName>User</userName>) Save it.
9. Start the SmarterMail services.