If you are the Linux server administrator, you should know some major command from Linux.
Today, Mick Genie will show you some command that normally used by the Administrator.
1. wget – Retrieving a Software Package.
– wget is the most command use command to retrieve or get a software package or download tool from Linux Command, you can easily get the package downloaded through wget command.
Eg. wget http://www.mickgenie.com/mickgenie.tar.gz
2. top – Monitoring Server Processes.
– With a top command, you could easily understand the server processes and it’s performance as it collected almost all of the information from the server processes.
3. tail – Reviewing Log File.
– When you checking the server log, you might want to get the real-time log information instead of open all of the file as sometimes it is large enough to and waste your memory and time to open the file. Using tail command could allow you check real-time log information.
Eg. tail -f /var/log/messages