If are you running a cPanel server and could like to quickly check the cPanel version, you may actually run the following command from your server.
# /usr/local/cpanel/cpanel -V
Make sure that you are logged as root user when running this command, otherwise, you will not able to check the version.
In case, you need to update the cPanel version, run the following command.
PlayOnLinux is a piece of software which allows you to easily install on your Linux box and it will just like running on Microsoft Windows.
It come with numerous games and apps that could just run with cost-free from your Linux box.
Now, you can visit them by http://www.playonlinux.com/
Today, I just noticed that the SQL Server backup is not generated and it is kinda weird.
After looking around from MSDN, it is found out there are some restriction from the backup operation.
– Backup not running due to any databases in offline status.
– Concurrency restriction during backup.
For more information, you may refer to the URL as below.
In order to understand your Windows Server whether running 32 bits or 64 bits, you may easily understand by running a command from your PC.
Run the following command from your command prompt or powershell and you could easily get the result.
wmic OS get OSArchitecture
If you read my earlier article here, you should know IIS got PHP Manager and it is now come with Stable version 1.0.
We should thank to RuslanY, who designed the IIS PHP Manager.
PHP Manager 1.0 can be used to:
- Register PHP with IIS;
- Validate and properly configure existing PHP installations;
- Run multiple PHP versions side by side on the same server and even within the same web site;
- Check PHP runtime configuration and environment (output of phpinfo() function);
- Configure various PHP settings;
- Enable or disable PHP extensions;
- Remotely manage PHP configuration in php.ini file.
With stable version of IIS PHP Manager, you are actually able to view the recommendations and fix it within a second.
Below is the bug fixed and change since BETA version.
- Support for running different PHP versions within the same web site;
- Functionality to set IIS default document to index.php;
- Links to quickly open php.ini file and PHP error log file;
- Detection of PHP registered via CGI or ISAPI;
- Detection of PHP that is registered by using command line arguments in IIS handler mapping.
When you running SQL Server, it is impossible for you to back up your database manually daily. Hence you will need some tool to schedule your SQL server to backed up daily.
With SQL server, you may easily backup your database without any extra tools but using the SQL Agent services to back up your task.
Step 1: Open SQL Server Agent and expand Job Activity Monitor.
Step 2: Right click and select new job. Enter the necessary information and click on the check box.
Step 3: Put your command into the command box and enter the necessary information.
Step 4: Schedule the date and time or routine time to run the task.
As you know, MickGenie.com is running with CDN as my previous post on http://www.mickgenie.com/mickgenie-com-live-with-content-delivery-network/. Mick Genie found out the website loading time actually faster than earlier.
Now, Mick Genie going to guide you how to install CDN and configure it with your WordPress.
What is CDN(Content Delivery Network)?
Content Delivery Network as known as Content Distribution Network (CDN) is a computer system contain a copies of static data of your blog from the central server from the world.
Advantage to get CDN
- Security – With CDN, it adds additional of the security level, CDN concept said that when your bottleneck under attack, all of the attack not going through to your hosted server only, but it is actually separate to all of the central server and the attack level will slow down.
- Availability – With large network of the central server, the availability of the network is better than single server.
There are some CDN provider by now, and mickgenie.com actually using services from ExaBytes Network.
How to Install CDN
Step 1: Get the CDN provider.
If you interested to purchase CDN services, you may contact ExaBytes Sales team here.
Continue reading How to Configure WordPress to Use CDN(Content Delivery Network)
Sometimes, you might want to have polygamy(one or more) Windows Live Messenger account running from your PC, but you found out Windows Live Messenger Wave 4(Beta 2010) do not have such feature.
To enable that, you may simply have the A-Patch installed.
With A-Patch installed, you may get the feature as below.
– Removed advertisement from main Windows.
– Polygamy, Open one or more account at once.
– Removed “See more feature” options.
A-Patch make it having more than 80 features that allow you to ignore those annoying thing, get it today by downloading here.