Recently I have read several ebook which benefit my knowledge to Microsoft Windows Server Operating System. One of the great book I could suggest is this book namely “Instant Migration from Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 to 2012 How-to“.
This is a great book as the author highlighted must read part and instant step to download, install and apply to your server. With these simple step, you could easily get your Windows Server 2008 to 2012.
With this book, the author did added lots of images which worth for thousand words that allow you to easily understand how the Windows Server 2012 work. So you must get this book by now 🙂
Get the book from here.
With cPanel 11.32 and above, you may prevent certain domain to be created from your server such as google.com, yahoo.com, microsoft.com, and etc.
To see which domain are blocked by default, view the file /usr/local/cpanel/etc/commondomains.
To block the domain to be created.
1. Create file /var/cpanel/commondomains.
2. Insert the domain list to the above file and each domain should be in new line.
In order to set the scheduled automatic time to hit your Send/Receive feature from your Microsoft Outlook 2010, you may refer to the step below,
1. Open your Microsoft Outlook 2010.
2. Select the Send/Receive tab.
3. Next, click on the Send/Receive Groups.
4. Select on the “Define Send/Receive Groups…”.
5. Then you may change the time interval from the “Schedule an automatic send/receive every [number] minutes.”
** The default setting is 30 minutes.
Many user might ask do I need to regenerate the CSR key when I need to renew my SSL certificate.
In many Apache server do allow you to install your SSL with your previous CSR key unless you have change the SSL information.
However, the following server is needed to regenerate the CSR key when you renew it,
– Microsoft IIS Server
– Java based server
– Tomcat based server
When you are using CDONTS to sending email with ASP script and you getting the following error,
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'
/filename.asp, line xx
where xx is the line number using the send method of the NewMail object.
To resolve this issue, you may check the folder permission of your pickup folder in your mail root directory.
1. Access to the mailroot directory and normally it is installed in C:\inetpub\mailroot.
2. Right click on the Pickup folder and select properties.
3. Check if IUSR_<computer> and IWAM_<computer> are added. Else, add it.
iPadian, a simulator for Windows is designed to allow Windows user test out iPad environment from Microsoft Windows.
iPadian is designed without needed to install as it is a portable program that allow you to launch it with just double click on the exe file and it is free. Continue reading iPadian – iPad Simulator for Windows
Nowadays, customer support is important for a customer to ease them understand, get resources and help in short period. Even an Open Source application provided open discussion through the Internet.
Microsoft which provided license Operating System, application, etc do come with their Helps and Resource to public and user. You may refer to resource as below,
1. Microsoft Product Solution Center
Microsoft Product Solution Center provided Microsoft Product services and information.
2. Microsoft Answers
You may find or ask any question about Microsoft from Microsoft Answers site from here.
3. Microsoft Fix It Solution Center
The automated solution provided by Microsoft.
4. @MicrosoftHelps Twitter account
Follow Microsoft Helps twitter to get services from Microsoft.
PlayOnLinux is a piece of software which allows you to easily install on your Linux box and it will just like running on Microsoft Windows.
It come with numerous games and apps that could just run with cost-free from your Linux box.
Now, you can visit them by http://www.playonlinux.com/
Days ago, install Windows from USB drive is complicated work as you need third party application to allow you to do that, but you may now easily apply it with Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.
Make sure you have fulfilled the system requirement as detail below,
– Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
– Pentium 233-megahertz (MHz) processor or faster (300 MHz is recommended)
– 50MB of free space on your hard drive
– DVD-R drive or 4GB removable USB flash drive
For Windows XP User, you need these,
– Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 must be installed. It can be downloaded here.
– Microsoft Image Mastering API v2 must be installed. It can be downloaded here.
Follow the step as below,
1. Download Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.
2. Install it.
3. Open it and insert the ISO file.
4. Click use USB device.
5. Click Begin and wait it copy to USB device.
Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Pentium 233-megahertz (MHz) processor or faster (300 MHz is recommended)
50MB of free space on your hard drive
DVD-R drive or 4GB removable USB flash drive
By fault, you will find out Windows 7 do not supported the Web Disk function. To overcome the problem, you might need some third party software such as WebDrive, BitKinex or NetDrive.
However, this article will show you how to fix this problem.
1. Download here from Microsoft Download Center with the installer.
2. Get the installer and install to your PC.
3. Now, you may continue to configure your Web Disk.
References: cPanel Documentation