Recently, FBI found out that there are still 300,000 PC still infected with DNSChanger. If you are one of the victims, you might not able to access to the Internet or getting the similar site that you want to browse but with malware injected to the page that you visit.
To understand what is DNSChanger, please read the article from FBI at here.
To find if your PC is infected by DNSChanger, you might want to look at the instruction from the following URL,
With Malaysian user, you may used the following URL which operated by CyberSecurity Malaysia and MyCERT.
APWG (The Anti-Phishing Working Group) is a non-profit global pan-industrial and law enforcement association focused on eliminating the fraud, crime and identity theft that result from phishing,pharming, malware and email spoofing of all types.
APWG used by many known corporate such as Google Inc, AT&T, Yahoo, Microsoft, etc.
To report a phishing site found from the Internet, you may submit them through APWG Report Phishing.
For many reason, you might want to check a site reputation if they have been infected by the viruses, malware or phishing scam previously.
Now, you can easily scan the bad reputation site with just enter your domain name from URLVoid website. Simply access to the URL of www.urlvoid.com and you may now check the website reputation.
As the attached image above, you may see that mickgenie.com is clean from the status.
Sometimes, you might want to hide your IPs from the Internet to perform some task or even want to try to test some task from different country.
A proxy server has a large variety of potential purposes, including:
- To keep machines behind it anonymous (mainly for security).
- To speed up access to resources (using caching). Web proxies are commonly used to cache web pages from a web server.
- To apply access policy to network services or content, e.g. to block undesired sites.
- To log / audit usage, i.e. to provide company employee Internet usage reporting.
- To bypass security/ parental controls.
- To scan transmitted content for malware before delivery.
- To scan outbound content, e.g., for data leak protection.
- To circumvent regional restrictions.
Now, you may get the free proxy server list as URL below.
Sometime, you might see the Google Safe Browsing prompt when you browse to any of the website with Mozilla Firefox or any Internet Browser or even your own website.
You might wonder why you will getting these alert? There are many reasons.
1. Blame your webmaster who help you to upload your web file to the server and their PC got trojan, etc and indirectly infected your site.
2. If you are the one who upload or update the website content, please don’t surf porn site :-P, don’t surf free codec site, etc etc.
3. Try not to use shareware software where will come with the so called addon.
4. Lastly, blame your hosting server is not save.
By right, if you are the domain administrator and if your site get infected, all of the email as user ID below will get the notification.
Next, you should clean the malware or replace the hacked script.
1. Take down your website from public access.
2. Scan the script through the up-to-date Anti-Virus software.
3. Remove the attacked script or file.
4. Reset all password such as control panel, FTP, administrative section, etc.
Lastly, you should ask Google to review your website again.
1. Log into the Google Webmaster Tool.
2. Click on the Diagnostic and click on Malware.
3. Click request a review.