When you are using CDONTS to sending email with ASP script and you getting the following error,
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'
/filename.asp, line xx
where xx is the line number using the send method of the NewMail object.
To resolve this issue, you may check the folder permission of your pickup folder in your mail root directory.
1. Access to the mailroot directory and normally it is installed in C:\inetpub\mailroot.
2. Right click on the Pickup folder and select properties.
3. Check if IUSR_<computer> and IWAM_<computer> are added. Else, add it.
People always discuss if the apps could support in 64 bits server since the 64 bits server arrive to the market and you might not know that the Windows server ASP and ASP.Net could be turn from 64 bits to 32 bits.
To convert your IIS to be used 32 bits apps, open a command prompt and run the following command.
cscript %SYSTEMDRIVE%\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1
So, now your 64 bits server(IIS) could run 32 bits application without any issue. And you will now need to register the 32 bits .Net Framework as 32 bits framework is not installed by default.
Well done, you have done for all.
To create FTP Over SSL, you will need to have at least IIS 7.0 and above with IIS 7.0 installed.
You may refer to the URL as below on how to create IIS FTP.
To get FTP over SSL, you will need to install SSL Certificate on your Web Engine (IIS). To get the SSL Certificate, you may purchase the SSL from CA(Certificate authority), alternatively, you may install Self Signed SSL.
1. Click on the Server Certificates from your IIS 7.x. Continue reading Create IIS FTP Over SSL(FTPS)
To install IIS 7.5 from Windows Operating System, you will need to install IIS(Internet Information Services) Manager 7.0 and above at first.
Next, you will need to install new IIS FTP 7.5 from iis.net site.
– FTP 7.5 for IIS 7.0 (x64)
– FTP 7.5 for IIS 7.0 (x86)
If you have installed FTP 7.0 earlier, you may need to uninstall it at first, then you may proceed to install FTP 7.5 with the installer as URL above.
To configure FTP 7.5,
1. Create folder “%SystemDrive%\inetpub\ftproot”, run “mkdir %SystemDrive%\inetpub\ftproot”.
2. Grant permission to the FTP folder. Open command prompt and run command below.
ICACLS “%SystemDrive%\inetpub\ftproot” /Grant administrators:F /T
3. Go to IIS, Create FTP site.
4. Enter name “Default FTP Site” and Physical path “%SystemDrive%\inetpub\ftproot”.
5. Enter the server IP and select No SSL.
6. Select Basic check-box and hit Finish.