This article used to guide you on how to generate CSR(Certificate Signing Request) key from IIS7.
1. Select Start -> Administrative Tools -> Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager or run from Windows Run with command “inetmgr”.
2. In the IIS Manager, choose your server name.
3. In your Middle panel, select Server Certificate.
4. Select on the “Create Certificate Request option” in the right panel.
5. In the Wizard, enter your information like image above.
6. Next, remain the service provider and change the bit length to at least 2048. You are advise to select 2048 and above for better security.
7. Save your certificate.
To enable Failed-Request Tracing from IIS 7, you may follow here,
1. Launch IIS7 (inetmgr in Windows Run.)
2. In the connections pane, expand the machine name, expand Sites and click on your domain entry such as mickgenie.com.
3. In the action pane, click on Failed Request Tracing.
4. In the Edit Web Site Failed Request Tracing Setting,click on the Enable checkbox and press OK.
5. Now, go back to the site named mickgenie.com.
6. Click on the icon, Failed Request Tracing Rules.
7. In action pane, click Add.
8. In the Add Failed Request Tracing Rules wizard, select All content (*).
9. In the Define Trace Condition, define the status code such as 404.2, click Next.
10. Select the Provider, Verbosity and Areas then click Finish.