When you trying to upload a file that more than 200KB, you will never ever able to upload it or you will get a blank result instead.
The reason behind this is happened is because IIS 6 set the ASP upload limit to 200KB as default. To get this fix, you will need to change your setting from the IIS metabase setting.
First of all, please make sure that you do allow the IIS metabase to be able to edit during IIS6 is running.
1. Open your IIS6.
2. Select on your hostname.
3. Right click the properties and tick the “Enable Direct Metabase Edit”.
4. Next, Edit the file named metabase.xml in C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv.
5. Now, search the value of “AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed” and change it to your desired value. **If you wish to change to 20MB, please input 20480000
I was informed by a customer that when installing Joomla 1.6 with IIS 6 server, and if you enabled SEF (Search Engine Friendly), you will get an Error 404 pages not found error.
To fix this issue, simply add the following line just after the php tag from index.php file and it will look like,
if ( isset( $_SERVER[ 'HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL' ] ) )
$_SERVER[ 'REQUEST_URI' ] = $_SERVER['HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL' ];
Sometimes you might wonder why you are not able to connect from PHP script with your MSSQL database as you have enabled php_mssql.dll extension from your php.ini.
Below are the step to resolve this issue;
But before we given the solution, you might get the following error message, however the error might just unable to connect to the MSSQL database without any further detail.
Assume you were using IIS6/7 with PHP 5.2.x(Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008), you might get such issue if you are install the PHP with source installation.
Warning: mssql_connect() [function.mssql-connect]: Unable to connect to server: localhost:1433 in C:\Domains\wwwroot\php_mssql.php on line 5
Couldn’t connect to SQL Server on localhost:1433
1. Download file ntwdblib.dll from URL of http://www.dlldll.com/ntwdblib.dll_download.html.
2. Go to the server hosted for your PHP script.
3. Go to PHP directory, assume you are using C:\Program Files\PHP5.2.x\, backup original ntwdblib.dll.
4. Replace the file as downloaded from Step 1.
Test again, and your problem should resolved.
You may refer to the URL as below for more information on the PHP_MSSQL connect page available from PHP.Net