To create FTP Over SSL, you will need to have at least IIS 7.0 and above with IIS 7.0 installed.
You may refer to the URL as below on how to create IIS FTP.
To get FTP over SSL, you will need to install SSL Certificate on your Web Engine (IIS). To get the SSL Certificate, you may purchase the SSL from CA(Certificate authority), alternatively, you may install Self Signed SSL.
1. Click on the Server Certificates from your IIS 7.x. Continue reading Create IIS FTP Over SSL(FTPS)
To install IIS 7.5 from Windows Operating System, you will need to install IIS(Internet Information Services) Manager 7.0 and above at first.
Next, you will need to install new IIS FTP 7.5 from iis.net site.
– FTP 7.5 for IIS 7.0 (x64)
– FTP 7.5 for IIS 7.0 (x86)
If you have installed FTP 7.0 earlier, you may need to uninstall it at first, then you may proceed to install FTP 7.5 with the installer as URL above.
To configure FTP 7.5,
1. Create folder “%SystemDrive%\inetpub\ftproot”, run “mkdir %SystemDrive%\inetpub\ftproot”.
2. Grant permission to the FTP folder. Open command prompt and run command below.
ICACLS “%SystemDrive%\inetpub\ftproot” /Grant administrators:F /T
3. Go to IIS, Create FTP site.
4. Enter name “Default FTP Site” and Physical path “%SystemDrive%\inetpub\ftproot”.
5. Enter the server IP and select No SSL.
6. Select Basic check-box and hit Finish.