With this program, they aims to help 500,000 small medium business in India to get their product online as only 5% of Indian business appearing Online.
This program will work together by Google India and Hostgator Web Hosting company. What do Indian businesses get:
- Free: It’s free to set up your website. The domain is free for 1 year, and it’s free to maintain your website for 12 months.
- Quick: The website tool takes 15 minutes from sitting down to being found online
- Easy: You don’t need to be a tech whiz to get started. All you need to start is your address, phone number, TAN/CIN or PAN to verify you as a business
- The website is simple because customers are looking for simple information online
- Gives you your own .in domain
- Other features include photos/logos, integration with social media platforms
- You get a Google Apps account – free personalised email ids
- If you want to make your website work harder, you’ll have access to steady stream of free tips and tools from the Getting Indian Business Online team and a free coupon of worth Rs. 2500 INR advertising trial from Google AdWords to help promote your site.
- After the first year, SMBs can choose to pay a monthly pay-as-you-go to maintain their website using hostgator.
- At the end of the first year, they’ll have to pay a nominal charge if they wish to renew their domain name. They can cancel their website at any time.
Logon to http://www.indiagetonline.in/ to create your website.
[via Google India]