Many user might ask do I need to regenerate the CSR key when I need to renew my SSL certificate.
In many Apache server do allow you to install your SSL with your previous CSR key unless you have change the SSL information.
However, the following server is needed to regenerate the CSR key when you renew it,
– Microsoft IIS Server
– Java based server
– Tomcat based server
This article used to guide you on how to generate CSR(Certificate Signing Request) key from IIS7.
1. Select Start -> Administrative Tools -> Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager or run from Windows Run with command “inetmgr”.
2. In the IIS Manager, choose your server name.
3. In your Middle panel, select Server Certificate.
4. Select on the “Create Certificate Request option” in the right panel.
5. In the Wizard, enter your information like image above.
6. Next, remain the service provider and change the bit length to at least 2048. You are advise to select 2048 and above for better security.
7. Save your certificate.