ASP.Net MVC is ASP.Net Modeling view controller where used to manage information and notify obeservers when that information changes.
To setting up ASP.Net MVC, you could setting it through IIS 6.0 or IIS 7.x.
- IIS 7.x (integrated mode) – No special setting needed.
- IIS 7.x (classic mode) – some setting needed to apply.
- IIS 6.x or below – some setting needed to apply.
The setting needed as mentioned above actually is referring to creating the wildcard script map.
If you don’t want to use the URL mapping, you may actually ignore the setting as said, however if you want to use the mapping setting, you may refer as detail below.
IIS 7.0 with classic mode:
1. Open IIS 7.0, select your application in the Connections window.
2. Make sure that the Features view is selected.
3. Double-click the Handler Mappings button.
4. Click the Add Wildcard Script Map link.
5. Enter the path to the aspnet_isapi.dll file (You can copy this path from the PageHandlerFactory script map)
6. Enter the name MVC.
7. Click the OK button.
IIS 6.0 or below:
1. Right-click a website and select Properties.
2. Select the Home Directory tab.
3. Click the Configuration button.
4. Select the Mappings tab.
5. Click the Insert button.
6. Paste the path to the aspnet_isapi.dll into the Executable field (you can copy this path from the script map for .aspx files).
7. Uncheck the checkbox labeled Verify that file exists.
8. Click the OK button.