With cPanel control panel, they do not provide any tool to export the SSL certificate. To done this, you may easily get the SSL export with Linux command through SSH.
To get this done, you may access to SSH through Terminal to Putty.
1. First of all, you need to ensure that you have the root access. Otherwise, contact the server administrator.
2. Log into the SSH.
3. Run the following command and replace the domain_name with your domain name such as mickgenie.com,
# openssl pkcs12 -export -out /backup/domain_name.pfx -inkey /etc/ssl/private/domain_name.key -in /etc/ssl/certs/domain_name.crt
Today, I’m about to guide you how to install the SSL key and it will a bit tricky compare to generate the SSL CSR key.
To install the SSL key through Shell, refer to the step as below.
1. Go to path /usr/share/ssl/certs.
$ [email protected][/]# cd /usr/share/ssl/certs
2. Check if the domain.com.csr and domain.com.cabundle existed, else create them and enter the code.
3. Go to path /usr/share/ssl/private.
$ [email protected][/]# cd /usr/share/ssl/private Continue reading Install SSL through Shell