Base64 encoding is commonly used from the encryption with binary data and sometimes you might need to understand what is the information is being encoded from the data.
Now, you do not need to find the encryption string from the Internet or self designed script. You may now convert your encoding script from Notepad++.
With the following string,
Welcome to www.mickgenie.com
It should look like the command as below.
To done this,
1. Download Notepad++ or Notepad++ Portable.
2. Enter your string to the Notepad++.
3. Highlight your string and right click on it, select plugin commands then select Base64 Encode.
To get the Base64 encoding/decoding, install the plugin as article below.
Some times, when you backup or restore your database table with huge binary data, you will get max_allowed_packet error.
By default MySQL set the max_allowed_packet to 10M.
[email protected] [~]# mysqladmin variable | grep max_allowed_packet
| max_allowed_packet | 10485760
To fix it, change your MySQL global variable as step below.
1. Open /etc/my.cnf file.
[email protected] [~]# vi /etc/my.cnf
2. Insert the value as below.
max_allowed_packet = 64M
3. Save it and restart the MySQL services.