This article is useful for those administrator who do not want to allow user access to Internet through Internet Explorer.
In this article, I will guide you two ways to done it.
Internet Explorer itself.
1. Open the Internet Explorer.
2. Click on the Tools and click Internet Options.
3. Select Connections tab.
4. Click on LAN Settings button.
5. Set the Address as 0.0.0.0 and Press OK.
1. Click on Run (Win+R).
2. Enter ‘regedit’ and press enter.
3. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Policies/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Restrictions.
4. Then, create a new DWORD called “NoBrowserOptions” and set it equal to 1.
For many purpose, you might want to have older IE(Internet Explorer) to run from your PC to test out your application, etc.
With TredoSoft MultipleIE, you may have Internet Explorer 3.0, 4.01, 5.01, 5.5 and 6.0.
Some user ever asked how to disable the zoom level from Internet Explorer where it is something not really needed to show from their browser.
To disable IE Zoom level as image below, you may actually using the registry editor to disable it.
1. With Windows button and press run.
2. Enter regedit and press enter.
3. Go to the tree of “HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Zoom” (If Zoom key is not existed, create one manually)
4. Right click and create a new DWORD (32 bit), named it “ZoomDisabled”.
5. Set the value to 1.
6. Exit Registry Editor.
If you are the web programmer, you surely need to keep clear the Internet Browser cache to understand the actual result of your new amend coding. With IE8, you do not need to always clear cache for all of the domain but you may clear the cache from specific domain only.
By default, IE 8 do come with IE 8 Developer Tool that allow you to specifically clear cache from a particular domain. To enable it, you may select Tools from IE 8 and click on the D
Developer Tools or directly use the shortcut key with F12.
From the Cache Menu, select on “Clear Browser Cache for this Domain…” or use Ctr + D.
For earlier version of IE, you may actually download the add-on from Microsoft site as URL here.
Although Mick Genie alway suggested Mozilla Firefox, however it have been found that Mozilla Firefox actaully used up lots of Memory Resource if you open it continuously for 24 hours. I’ve been experiencing this for Google Chrome as well as other Internet Browser.
Today, I’d like to introduce new IE(Internet Explorer) named IE8 (Windows Internet Explorer 8 ) . Maybe you will ask why should I try for Internet Explorer 8, but you may consider new feature as below.
- view any site with ease – you can quickly display websites that were designed for old browsers with a hit.
- Get things done faster with Accelerators – Just a right click from your mouse, you could search the word in Encarta, find a place from Live Map, etc.
- Stay more secure – Protect by SmartScreen Filter.
Download it right now by